Why is this job for you?
We are a small team whose mission is creating value from unstructured data with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
Our vision is to achieve a 90% reduction in the manual effort expended by users to find, extract and analyze data in documents, and by data stewards, records analysts, and others to tag documents.
The value we create significantly impacts people’s lives and the way they work in the digital world.
Our initial focus is the Energy industry, assisting our clients to create energy effectively, efficiently, and sustainably.
Creates software solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Clojure and/or Java-based components and interfaces.
- Defines implementation objectives by analyzing business requirements and envisioning system functionality and quality.
- Recommends solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development, open source, and purchase alternatives.
- Develops interfaces to internet and intranet applications by analyzing and prioritizing development tasks; completing programming using approved languages and software products; and designing and conducting tests.
- Integrates applications through database architecture, APIs, and scripting to establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Implements web-based user interfaces, integrating with business logic and web application framework components.
- Completes development tasks by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities with other team members.
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms (primarily Linux, but also Windows Server).
- Supports users and administrators by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 3-5 years programming experience, Clojure preferred, Java acceptable.
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience working with high performance computing, distributed computing, or related techniques for scaling of computing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to implement following widely accepted software development principles and processes.
- Quickly productive when leveraging new and evolving technologies.
- Proven ability to effectively manage technical issues where you had direct accountability and responsibility for delivering a software component (test or production).
- Clear, articulate style of both written and verbal communications.
- Experience successfully handling/delivering critical conversations.
- Self-starter. Able to see or anticipate problems and engage directly.
- Able to handle ambiguity in stride based on context and your experience.
- Able to work effectively in a remote-working environment.
- Working knowledge of AI and ML techniques, including NLP, Query Analysis and Chat techniques as applied to different problem spaces.
- Experience working with high dimensional sparse datasets.
- Experience working with data analysts/scientists.
- Experience with container deployment (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) technologies.
- Ability to communicate to key business stakeholders.
- Clojure: Experience in designing functional algorithms; Web service programming skills, machine learning and natural language programming.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer. i2k Connect is an equal-opportunity employer. Is this right for you? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.